Mean What You Say & Say What You Mean!

Today we were all asked to define our message for the year. I really had to reflect on what my message is this year. We were told these facts:
* An average print quote is 26 words
* An average broadcast is 6-12 seconds
* News stories usually run 15-1:15 seconds

That is not a lot of time to get a message across to the public. My message...

Our kids are bombarded with world issues daily, it is our responsibility to give them opportunities to change their world now! We can do this by giving students opportunities to engage in real world work, while integrating content standards.

Well, it's not 26 words, but I'm getting closer! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Donna- Congratulations on your award! That is an amazing accomplishment. I really like your message. We are holding a workshop in Portland this summer that will help teachers create those real world work/integrated content standards learning opportunities for students, and I wanted to make sure you are aware of it. It will be a great PD experience, with networking with teachers from across the country, access to free tools to create digital curriculum, and more. More info is at www.learning.com/pdxworkshop. Scholarships are available for the registration fee as well.

    Again, congratulations! I hope you can join us for this great learning opportunity in July.

    ReplyDelete